lunes, 2 de enero de 2012

Christmas Eve!

Hello my fellow students! Today I am going to talk about what I did this Christmas. The truth is that I don't like Christmas that much compared with New Year. It gets me a little nostalgic, I have very clear memories of each Christmas and of the important people that are not with me any more. I think this is like a more private and in family celebration more than just a simple celebration, it's an opportunity to meet once again with the family and grasp or get closer to each other. My family is quite a humble one, so I learned that presents were not the most important thing for Christmas, in fact I detest the material sense that Christmas has been getting, it is exhausting and sad how people get obsessed shopping more and more presents without understanding what is the real meaning of this holiday.

This Christmas as usual I spent it with my close family members and with the ones I live- my mother, my father and my brother- together with Daniel and Carmen, a nice couple, friends of my parents. Well, the night of December 24th we went to their house for dinner. Their house is just a block from our house, we are neighbours and very good friends. They are very important for us, and we have spent many celebrations all together. That night we ate roast turkey, golden potatos, cold rice and a lot of salads, and for dessert we had ice cream and fruit salad. It was a very peaceful night, we opened our presents at midnight and went to sleep at 2:00 in the morning. I just hope that every Christmas I will get the oportunity to be with this people that are so important in my life.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario