viernes, 18 de noviembre de 2011

An unforgettable trip ...

I think there is no person that doesn't like to travel. There is a trip I did not so long ago with my boyfriend that I think we will never forget about.  We did not travel to an extraordinary place, and also it was not too far. The place we went to is called Molina and it is located in the Maule region (VII region). We traveled by bus from Santiago to Molina at 9:00 pm, and that night we stayed at my boyfriend's grandparents house. The next day we had planed to visit all the touristic places in the area: "El Velo de la Novia" ( The Bride's Veil ), "Las Siete Tazas" ( The seven Cups ) and "El Parque Ingles" ( The English Park ). That day we got up early in the morning and we went to the bus terminal but there were no buses going to those places that day. We were very sad but my boyfriend is optimistic, he calmed me down and said to me “we will get there somehow". Then asking people in the area they told us that there was a bus that would take us close to our destination, just at a very short distance. While we were waiting my boyfriend told me "can you imagine that now somebody comes in a car and gives us a ride, offers some beer and invites us to a barbecue". I said to him "dreaming man". Soon came the bus we were waiting for and just left us on the road under the full sun. We started walking and we decided to hitchhike...a red one cabin pick-up truck in fairly bad conditions stopped and took us. We got in on the very back, out in the open air. There, there was another young couple and in front was the driver and his fiancée together with another couple. The first stop was in a boarding-house where there was a swimming pool. We swam surrounded by a spectacular landscape. Any of the crew members knew each other. We covered about a hundred kilometers by car and we were able to see all the places we had planed to visit. We all drank some beer, toured different places and laughed a lot. The only bad thing was that we got completely grey because of the dust on part of the road. At the end of the day we were totally dirty, messy and tired but happy and pleased.

I enjoyed it a lot because I am an organized person that needs to plan every thing, but with this trip I realized that sometimes we just have to relax a little and enjoy the unexpected...

3 comentarios:

  1. Oh! what a beautiful picture!

    I do not know "Las 7 tazas" I love to go sometime.

    After the earthquake, I thought it would never again exist.

    Regards

    ResponderEliminar
  2. The last summer, My plan was to go to "Altos de Lircay" and then to "7 tazas" but it was so cute the first, that we were there all the time. I hope to go soon to the 7 tazas

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I have visited these places, too. The English Park is fantastic, above all to camp there...

    ResponderEliminar