domingo, 11 de diciembre de 2011

The song of my childhood...

There are many songs that bring me beautiful memories, specially of my childhood. There is a special one that I like very much. The theme is called " Chorando se foi ", interpreted by the Brazilian group " Kaoma ", this was a version in the lambada rhythm of the song " Llorando se fue ", of the group Los Kjarkas from Bolivia. Ulises Hermosa, the real author of the song, sued on 1989, in front of different international authorities, the group Kaoma because " Charando se foi " was a version that didn't have it's real author's authorization.

The lambada became famous in the whole world ( even in Japan people dance it until these days ! ) thanks to this Brazilian version, that caused a lot of controversy because of it's sensual way of dancing inspired on the movement of the waves. This song became very popular on the year 1989, when I was just four years old and it was played for many years on the discos.

Back then my mother had a battery radio, and she used to listen to " Pudahuel " radio station while my brother and I played. They played this song a few times a day, and I remember that with my alley neighbors we danced this happy song at the rhythm of lambada, inspired on the video clip of the song. On the video you can see two kids dancing, Washington " Chico " Oliveira and Roberta de Brito, who formed the duet CHICO Y ROBERTA, who appeared on different TV programs dancing together.

Twenty years later you can hear on the radio two new versions of this theme, one of Jennifer Lopez together with Pitbull, under the title ' on the floor ' , and also another from the Puerto Rican singer Don Omar that transformed the Bolivian original version of the same song, creating the theme " Taboo ".

3 comentarios: